Tuesday 15 May 2012

Just signed up to do another event

roller disco


Some times I just love the web, and how it can connect people and lead to new things.

Late last night coming home on the train, I saw a facebook post from Frock & Roll, which is a lovely looking shop in Reading. They mentioned that there will be a roller disco at the Hexagon on 3 June.

This morning, I had a look at the web site and realised the roller disco is part of a big vintage fair. So I did some detective work and tracked down the organiser. Next thing I know, a lady called Storme calls me up and we have a nice little natter, and I've got a stall booked.  I guess that answers my own question about what I'll be doing for the jubilee!

So, I post my news on my facebook page, and a next thing I know, another vintage crafter is thanking me for the link, and she might sign up too. Yay for the power of social networking.

Here is the link to the Real Vintage event 

Now all I have to do is convince everyone I know to come to the Roller Disco!! When I was a kid, me and my brother used to go to the roller disco every week and skate around in circles to Agadoo and Ghostbusters. Love it!!







No comments:

Post a Comment