Sunday 29 April 2012

Project light box....or maybe not!

Yuck! It's still effing raining! I love a bit of precipitation usually, and heaven knows the garden really needs it too, but there are days when the weather just gets in the way. I had planned to spend this weekend taking photos of my cake stands outdoors, so that I could add more alfresco shots to my Folksy shop. But, it became obvious yesterday that that was never gonna happen. So, time to investigate what I could do indoors instead.

Yesterday we bought a new lawnmower (ooh exciting, I hear you say!). Well actually it was, because it came in a large box. Last night I enthusiastically chopped up the box, and set about trying to make a light box, after an excellent tip from Monkey and Squidge who had pointed me in the direction of this set of instructions. 

Well, after about an hour of scoring, cutting, and getting sticky with masking tape, I had a sort of light box to test. Not 100% the same as the instructions, but the best I could do without spending any money or heading to a fabric shop. No sooner had I pointed my lamp at it, then I realised one massive flaw in the plan. The cake stands are massive and way too big to photograph in the box, without the sides showing. After all that effort, the results looked rubbish. Doh! 

So, time for plan B. AKA the " lets just try something else" approach. So, I rolled out some white paper, pointed my light at it, and hey presto...no sides! 

The rain was still coming down like crazy outside and the sky was so grey that the light is still not right, but I'm reasonably happy with these. What do you think?


 


No comments:

Post a Comment